Frequently Asked Questions
How does Drop-in Paint & Play work?
Drop by anytime we are open to the public for paint and play! Drop in fees apply to each child. For the drop in fee – you can use tiny town (ages 4 and under) or any of our games/puzzles/etc! If you are painting a piece/making slime/etc. – enjoy the rest for free!
What payment types do you take?
We accept emt and have a square reader that accepts cash (LIMITED TO $40 ON SITE), credit and debit.
How long does it take to get my piece back?
INSTANTANEOUS! When you paint at Get Messy NL you can take your piece when you leave!! We do have drying racks if you have something you need to let dry.
What is your capacity?
Our capacity is now 60. Including staff.
How do I book a private event?
Please click here to contact us about a private event booking. Please see above below. regarding private booking payment requirements and cancellation policies.
Can you be booked to come to our summer camp or classroom?
Want us to come to your summer camp or class room for some messy fun! Send us a message and we will work out the details!
What if I have children of different ages?
Tiny town was made for this situation! Bring your toddler who can play securely in tiny town while you paint or play a board game with your older child!
What are the Tiny Town rules?
Tiny town is strictly for preschool aged children. No food or drink allowed inside the gate. No shoes! No hanging on gates or structures. No roughhousing. Other rules may apply- see signage at our gate!
Do I need to make an appointment? Do you take reservations?
No appointment necessary! Drop by anytime we are open for paint and play fun – be sure to check our Facebook page for the most up to date info on if we have any other events, parties, etc scheduled and could be closed for a private function.
We do not take reservations for our main studio seating — first come first seat — but you can book a private event! Contact us to inquire further.
What is your refund policy?
Due to increased popularity and the selling out of events and party dates, we do not offer refunds at this time. Prior to each and every Get Messy NL event, we prepare materials for each participant. No shows or cancellations are no exception. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. You are however, able to change the name on your booking and sell/give your ticket to someone else.
* Birthday parties and camps require a NON REFUNDABLE/ non credit issuable deposit. Missed events will forfeit your admission.
Do your coupons or giveaways expire? Are there any credit restrictions?
Our gift certificates/cards never expire. Any prize winnings, coupons or giveaways from Get Messy NL must be claimed by December 31 of the calendar year they have been awarded unless otherwise stated. Failure to do so results in forfeit of said prize.
**IF credits are issued, certain restrictions apply. For example- a credit for an event can only be used for another event NOT new merchandise.
Can you help us organize a fundraiser?
We LOVE to give back at Get Messy. We have organized many successful fundraisers in the past and we would love to help you reach your goal! Send us a message to get all the nitty gritty on how a fundraiser with us works!
Do you have special group rates?
When and where we can we try to give non-profit or other special groups special pricing! Inquire for all the information and to see if your group qualifies.
Additional Party & Private Booking Info
- Birthday parties require a NON REFUNDABLE/ non credit issuable deposit! This $50 is required to hold your date.
- We book on a first deposit paid/first book policy. Without a deposit the booking is void. Private functions require minimum participants and a prepayment. Please refer to refund policy as listed above.
- At Get Messy NL we require the number of participants 1 week prior to the event. Upon booking you are agreeing to make full payment for the number of materials prepared. If we do not have your final number 7 days in advance a $25 fee applies per day late. If we are not notified of a number of participants, we will prepare for 12*. This also applies to your food order. Since opening our location, we frequently have issues with compliance on this matter. Please note, failure to provide accurate numbers will also result in an additional processing fee the day of the party***.
- Please advise your guests to wear art friendly clothing.
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your party, as well have guests pick up at party ending time promptly. Party bookings are for 1.5 hours MAX. Parties will begin PROMPTLY at start time.
- You are permitted to bring decorations/plates/etc for your party. But please remember: NO latex, nothing that affixes to the walls, and no open drinking containers. We try to be as tree nut aware as possible.
- Final payments for parties are due at the start of the party.
- Travel fees apply to mobile parties* suspended for covid*
- Delivery fee may apply to virtual take away kits requiring delivery.
- Certain party experiences may incur additional costs.
- Non-shareable food is permitted.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR CAMPS/EVENTS
- Please be advised, when booking after school art club, summer camp or an event ticket (ESPECIALLY any drop and go events) it is essential to inform Get Messy NL of any behavioural or medical concerns which may impact your child’s ability to be left alone or which may increase our ratios (instructor/child).
- Failure to do so may result in a forfeited ticket sale.
- As well, please keep in mind our capacity, the number of tickets we sell is directly related to this. Drop and go events generally have higher ticket volumes, limiting the number of parents able to stay.
- Please adhere to the suggested age for each event.
- Please be sure to advise of any allergies your child may have prior to booking (ESPECIALLY if there is a food component to the activity).
For safety reasons, it’s important there is:
- No running in the studio, as paint is very slippery
- No climbing on furniture
- No sitting on the tables
- No standing on the stools
- No touching the art supplies, artwork on the shelves or anyone else’s artwork.
- No unattended guests unless verified with Get Messy staff beforehand (DROP AND GO EVENTS/PARTIES with older guests are the exception), please agree to tiny towns rules as posted and
- NO children over 4 inside our tiny town gate….oh!
- And, HAVE FUN! LOTS OF FUN!
- Due to increased popularity and the selling out of events and party dates, we do not offer refunds at this time. Prior to each and every Get Messy NL event, we prepare materials for each participant. No shows or cancellations are no exception. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. You are however, able to change the name on your booking and sell/give your ticket to someone else.